Friday, February 8, 2008

Big Game Feast and Fun!!




This past weekend we had a few friends over for the SuperBowl, even though neither of us really are into football. Me coing from the family that I do had to put on a feast!
The night before the game I was dying to try a new recipe I found for a family classic. Good old Chicken and Dumplings. My family all know that this is by far my favorite meal on the planet. I was afraid that I may never get a good bowl of it ever again, until I came across a recipe for strip dumplings. I only used that portion of the recipe because how they made the stock was nothing like Grandma's at all and I had a good idea of she made it. So I started by making the chicken, once it was done and cooling I nervously started on the dumplings. I was so excited that as I plopped them into the stock they fluffed up and then dissolved a little to make the yummy thick gravy I know and loved from my childhood! It wasn't exactly like Grandma's but I know that with a few practice runs it will be close.
On to the Chicken wings. One could say they were "hooteriffic"! For Christmas I got three copies of the book Twilight so one of the books I exchanged for an amazing cookbook. It has quite a few recipes from top restaurants around the country. One was this famous wing recipe. I was surprised at how simple it was! The most difficult part was waiting for them to cool down a little to eat them. The leftovers were just as good the next day as well! Served up with a little Bleu Cheese dressing and it was the perfect SuperBowl treat.
Lastly, if you know me you know that I can't make a homemade choclate chip cookie to save my life. I have tried several different recipes ad nothing ever worked. More flour, less flour, blah blah blah, nothing! Until now! I finally made it work!! I was seriously so excited! However this could be a bad thing!!
If you want the recipes to any of these let me know! Sory the pictures may be a little blurry. My camera was dropped awhile back and it hasn't been the same since.

4 comments:

Brianna said...

Holy cow! The chicken and dumplings look really good! Yes and of course I would love the recipe:o) Sounds like you guys had a good time and good food.

Robyn said...

Oh my goodness! These looks so yummy! I can hardly wait to come to your house for a feast again!

I love the new look of your blog! It suits you well!

tmg_founder said...

YUM! What a cook you've become!!!! The dumplins' look tasty and the wings too! I look forward to a big meal! Keep cookin'! And the page looks awesome! I got mom working on the wings as we speak!
love ya!
dad

Robyn said...

Oh and I want all the recipes!