Thursday, December 7, 2006

Winter Wonderland!?!

So this past week hasn't been all that exciting. We went and got a Christmas tree even though we aren't going to be here to enjoy it. I just missed the smell of Christmas and the joy it brings to the home! It actually fills up that empty space in the corner quite nicely. I am finishing up Christmas gifts for the family...they are so cute! I hope everyone will love them! The Tall Kid is finishing up the semester in a few weeks, and is actually not too stressed out, thank goodness! I am just counting down the days until Christmas!
I was looking outside this morning and it reminded me of a SNL skit they did awhile back with Christopher Walkin and Cheri Oteri set in New Jersey or somewhere like that. Cheri Oteri walks out of her house see everything covered in about 3 feet of snow. She chit-chats with a few neighbors, yells at a few kids and then says in a thick New Jersey accent, "Yeah, they call this a Winter Wonderland ...sigh... Wonderland? The only thing I am wondering is where the heck I parked the car!?!" It is actually a really funny skit, one of my favorites. The snow isn't that bad yet, it is actually warming up and melting off a little. When I say warming don't think we are all running around in swimsuits due to the nice heat wave! Warming up is about 34 degrees or so. Just above freezing so the snow can melt and freeze overnight so we have a nice thick layer of ice anywhere you go :)
Anyways things around here are going pretty well. School is almost out for the break and Christmas is almost here. YAY!!! I hope to see you all soon!

2 comments:

Robyn said...

ahhh, we were just saying how hot it got out today. Somewhere in the mid 80s. I thought last night as we were going to institute how much I really hated being cold. the drive is long enough to get the car warm, and then you're there. When you leave the car is cold again. I love air conditioning and heat. I am so spoiled. I am so excited to see you guys! Yay. it's almost here.

The Pea said...

First I am so glad to see more of you guys blogging, this is so much fun to read all about what you are doing!!
Next, I am so scared to be moving to that wheather! I hope I will survive it well. Have fun in California, I hope you thaw out well.