Thursday, June 26, 2008

Money Crunch

So what are you doing to save money now that gas is averaging over $4 a gallon? I have this new obsession, and really it is kind of nerdy. Samples!!! I am not talking about going to CostCo or Sam's on Saturday morning and getting lunch by samples. I am talking about searching out free samples on websites and sending away for the. Really it has almost become like a weird sick little game. Like tonight I found samples for a new Tide detergent, a new frizz ease repair serum, even pet supplies for the M-I-L's little dog. I know it's sick right? I just can't help it! It's Free!!! Whoopee!

What actually got me started was a news piece on the Today Show. It was all about free samples and what is out there that you can get for free. So I looked into it and have become addicted. I haven't told the Tall Kid yet, so when these packages start showing up I will half to fess up, hehe. But I am having fun while it lasts!!!

9 comments:

The Pea said...

So fun! I have not been on blogger in a long time so it was fun to come catch up here.

My grandma does this if you go to her house and open a cupboard you will most likely get a handful of samples falling down on you.

Have fun in So. Utah I bet it is so nice to be out of Idaho. I am so happy you stuck it out and are on your way back home again.

Robyn said...

Fun, you'll have to let me know if you get something really good!

Gillian said...

I most certainly will, maybe I'll start reviewing stuff and catch the attn of companies and they will send stuff without asking. I have always wanted to do that, but that dreaming I highly doubt that would ever happen, hehe

Brianna said...

You should totally do the preview thing, you should go on my blog and go to my friends perch blog, she gets things from different boutiques and does free give aways, I am sure they all love the free advertising. I am not sure if she gets anything, but it is pretty cool. Love ya! Miss you!

Coleman Family said...

What a great idea--especially since I'm married to David, we are always trying to save a penny! : ) Where do I go to get started?

Gillian said...

Jamie, I went onto startsampling.com and went from there. Also I just searched through google for free samples and voila! I don't do the ones you have to particpate in other programs to get. I learned from the Tall kid that if someone wants to advertise their product you shouldn't have to pay for it.

Robyn said...

hey! bring back poppit!

Robyn said...

woohoo!

Anonymous said...

Hi this is Auntie C...I am hooked on the free sample thing too. I just got the Hair serum in the mail! It's so amazing! I can't wait to read about what you find. Your blog is so cute!